A northeasterner by birth (Portsmouth, NH), Jordie is returning to Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor. This past winter, she was a children’s ski instructor at Big Sky Resort in Montana. She’s worked as a counselor at the Farm & Wilderness Foundation in Vermont, where she led multi-day backpacking trips on the Long Trail and taught courses in wilderness survival skills. During her time at UVM, she was an Outing Club leader, where she completed the month-long Backcountry Skiing and Avalanche Awareness Program. She was also a leader for Chicks on Sticks, an organization of skiers and riders advocating for accessibility and inclusivity in the outdoors.
- Education: University of Vermont, bachelor’s degree in statistics and sociology
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PSIA level 1, alpine freestyle specialist level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: Climbing Mount Lafayette (5,249 feet) at 3 a.m. to watch the sunrise—and somehow completely miscalculating what time the sunrise was!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: A week-long solo backpack on the Long Trail in Vermont.
- Favorite place you’ve visited: Chic-Choc Mountains, Quebec
- Favorite hobbies: Skiing, rock climbing, skateboarding, and playing guitar