A northeasterner by birth (Portsmouth, NH), Jordie resides in Burlington, VT, and joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. She’s worked as a counselor at the Farm & Wilderness Foundation in Vermont, where she led multi-day backpacking trips on the Long Trail and taught courses in wilderness survival skills. In school, she was an Outing Club leader, where she completed the month-long Backcountry Skiing and Avalanche Awareness Program. She was also a leader for Chicks on Sticks, an organization of skiers and riders advocating for accessibility and inclusivity in the outdoors.
- Education: University of Vermont, bachelor’s degree in statistics and sociology
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Climbing Mount Lafayette (5,249 feet) at 3 a.m. to watch the sunrise—and somehow completely miscalculating what time the sunrise was!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Several come to mind: A 24-hour wilderness solo at age 13, backcountry skiing in the Chic-Choc Mountains in Quebec, skiing down Tuckerman Ravine…
- Countries visited: Canada, England, Italy, Mexico, Nicaragua
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, skiing, rock climbing, music, and cooking!