Trip leader: Pacific Northwest Discovery
Originally from northern Michigan, Kassie is returning to Adventure Treks for her fourth season as a trip leader. Kassie currently works as a speech and language pathologist for students in preschool through middle school; previously, she was a wildlife technician with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Kassie spent several summers working at Camp Fire Alaska, an outdoor adventure camp in Anchorage, where she served as the waterfront director, coordinating swimming, canoeing, and kayaking activities. During college, Kassie led students on week-long service trips around the country and abroad; she’s also coached Girls on the Run and taught swim lessons for kids in Lake City, MI.
- Education: Central Michigan University; bachelor’s degree in communication disorders and outdoor recreation, master’s degree in speech-language pathology
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, Alaska Avalanche School level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: Packrafting with my best friends in Alaska!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Hiking and summiting bucket-list mountains in Alaska’s Chugach Range
- Favorite hobbies: Packrafting, kayaking, rock climbing, hiking and backpacking, ceramics, weaving, and 3D printing! And I absolutely love being a part of the AT community!