Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Originally from central Michigan, Kassie is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. She spent several summers working at an outdoor adventure camp in Alaska where she grew her passion of facilitating challenge and growth through the use of outdoor experiences. As part of her role at camp, Kassie taught canoeing, kayaking, and swimming. During college, Kassie also led young adults on service trips around the country and abroad. She likes to spend her time kayaking, canoeing, skiing, backpacking, and rock climbing. Kassie is a Wilderness First Responder and Leave No Trace Trainer.
- Education: Central Michigan University; bachelor’s degree in communication disorders and outdoor recreation, master’s degree in speech-language pathology
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to experience challenges in the outdoors and overcome those challenges with the community around me.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I work in schools as a speech-language pathologist and enjoy time spent outdoors.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Backpacking in Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula
- Favorite quote: “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson