Instructor, Yellowstone Teton Adventure 2 & 3
Originally from northern Michigan, Kassie is returning to Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor. She spent several summers working at an outdoor adventure camp in Alaska, where she grew her passion of facilitating challenge and growth through the use of outdoor experiences. As part of her role at camp, Kassie taught canoeing, kayaking, and swimming. During college, Kassie also led young adults on service trips around the country and abroad. She currently works in schools in Alaska as a speech-language pathologist and spends her free time kayaking, canoeing, skiing, backpacking, and rock climbing.
- Education: Central Michigan University; bachelor’s degree in communication disorders and outdoor recreation, master’s degree in speech-language pathology
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, Leave No Trace trainer
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to experience challenges in the outdoors and overcome those challenges with the community around me.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Backpacking in Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula
- Favorite quote: “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson