Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Growing up in West Virginia, Katy spent most of her childhood camping with her family. Throughout her time at West Virginia University, Katy was an outdoor trip leader, taking students backpacking and canoeing; she also worked at a canopy tour guide. She is joining us for her first season as an Adventure Treks instructor.
- Education: West Virginia University; bachelor’s degree in public health
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I’m super excited to be able to work with students and help them grow in so many ways. All while getting to explore and play outside!
- Favorite outdoor memory? Soaking in hot springs beside the Rio Grande River in Big Bend National Park under a full moon and more stars than I had ever seen in my life with some incredible people.
- Favorite quote: “If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt