Trip leader, Alaska Expedition 1
A Colorado native, Kelly grew up playing in the Rocky Mountains. She spends her winters supervising ski instructors at Steamboat Resort and has traveled all over the world, backpacking through southeast Asia and Central and South America. She is returning for her fourth season as a trip leader with Adventure Treks.
- Education: University of Montana; bachelor’s degree in visual arts and ceramics
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PSIA ski instructor
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? Adventure Treks is so much FUN! I have never felt more welcome and supported in a community as I felt while working for Adventure Treks. I think the AT community brings amazing people together and provides an environment where they can truly be themselves.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to meet all the new students, explore new and exciting places, be silly, and laugh endlessly.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Spending several weeks rafting the Grand Canyon!
- Favorite quote: “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened.” – The Teachings of Buddha