Kendall grew up in Ridgway, CO, but now resides in Glenwood Springs. At Colgate, Kendall was a chemistry and biology tutor; because she plans to pursue medical school, Kendall has also worked as a surgical aide and volunteer for multiple hospitals. Also at Colgate, Kendall was an instructor for the Outdoor Education Program, leading groups of students on climbing, kayaking, and other backcountry trips. Prior to that, she worked several summers as a counselor at Ajax Adventure Camp, where she taught science-based activities, and she has volunteered for Girls on the Run.
- Education: Colgate University, bachelor’s degree in molecular biology
- Certifications: Wilderness emergency medical technician
- Favorite outdoor memory: So many to choose from! I think it’s a tie between the hours I spent running and playing on boulders and cliffs, catching lizards, and jumping in the mud on multiday river trips as a kid, and getting to backpack the Teton Crest Trail with my best friend last summer.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Kayaking the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho with my childhood best friends. It was 100 miles, and we had some incredible rapids and beautiful alpine beaches.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: I loved going to Belize and seeing the beautiful beaches and exploring in the jungle.
- Favorite hobbies: In warmer months, I love whitewater kayaking and backpacking. In the winter, I love skiing and
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m excited to learn new games and all about my students’ interests. I’m also excited to spend the summer outside and meet so many new people!