Instructor, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
A resident of Vermont, Kerigan works as a backpacking trip leader for younger students at her university. She also helps run an outdoor after-school program in the Kingdom East School District, along with helping run outdoor survival and softball programs for youth for the Fair Haven, NJ, parks and recreation department.
- Education: Northern-Vermont University-Lyndon, pursuing bachelor’s degree in outdoor education, leadership and tourism, and adventure education
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AIARE avalanche level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: My favorite outdoor memory comes from a 10-day canoe trip on the Connecticut River with my peers. It had been pouring rain all day to the point you could barely see, and we all just sang in the rain for hours while paddling.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mount Washington in New Hampshire during a five-day backpacking trip with my peers.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Grand Teton National Park!
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, backpacking, biking, snowboarding, reading, and basketball.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Seeing beautiful places while helping students learn and conquer fears.