Originally from California, Kilee’s love for the outdoors began with Big Sur family camping trips and soccer tournaments. She jumped into the outdoor and youth development career at Camp High Rocks and Camp Rockbrook in western North Carolina, where she quickly realized that she had a deep passion for student growth and exploration. Then in college, she led backpacking and kayaking trips for students. After graduation, she transitioned to a seasonal rotation of facilitating educational programs in the spring and fall, and working in Peru and Costa Rica with Global Leadership Adventures in the summer where she spearheaded environmental education programs. Fun fact: Kilee lived in Spain for 2.5 years!
- Education: San Francisco State University, bachelor’s degree in geography
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Swimming with phosphorescent plankton in Isla Cristobal, Panama.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Backpacking around the Acatenango volcano in Guatemala.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Costa Rica
- Favorite hobbies: Traveling, writing poetry, people-watching, and being in the woods or under the sea.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I am most excited to support programming and get to see a full AT summer through. I’m excited to hear all the stories, experience the highs and lows, and support families and programming the best I can.