Instructor: California Challenge 2
Kristina joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. Originally from California, Kristina currently resides in San Francisco where she works as an innovation lab consultant for Fortune 100 companies. In college, she was a backpacking and wilderness guide for the school’s outdoor organization, taking students on day and multi-day adventure trips; she also helped manage partnerships with outdoor companies. She spent a semester abroad in Italy as a marketing intern, and has also served as a public relations intern and brand strategy intern. Fun fact: Kristina speaks Russian and Bulgarian.
- Education: University of Southern California, bachelor’s degree in business administration
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Guiding my first backpacking trip in college and taking a moment while hiking in the dark to stop, lay down, and stare up the stars with my students.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: It’s hard to pick, but one of my favorite adventures was a multi-day canoeing trip along Lake Baikal’s shoreline. Sign me up for glassy water and hidden beaches any time!
- Countries visited: Bulgaria, Czechia, France, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, landscape photography, all water activities, reading, and running with my pup.