Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Before joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor, Kyle was an Adventure Treks student for five years, followed by two years at Camp Pinnacle as a counselor. He was the president of the UNC ski and snowboard team, competing in both freestyle and racing. Kyle is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; bachelor’s degree in psychology and anthropology
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I’m excited for the opportunity to inspire passion for the outdoors with such incredible students and fellow instructors.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I am a competitive snowboarder and was a river guide for Haw River Canoe and Kayak Company the last two summers. In my free time, I enjoy climbing, hiking, kayaking, yoga, slacklining, and pretty much anything in the outdoors.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Summiting Mt. Shasta as a student on California Challenge and glissading down the mountain back to basecamp.
- Favorite quote: “The heart that breaks open can contain the whole universe.” – Joanna Macy