Instructor, Alaska Expedition 2
Before joining Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor, Kyle was an Adventure Treks student for five years, followed by two years at Camp Pinnacle as a counselor. He was the president of the University of North Carolina ski and snowboard team, competing in both freestyle and racing. He spent this past winter continuing his outdoor education career as a snowboard instructor at Steamboat Resort in Colorado.
- Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; bachelor’s degree in psychology and anthropology
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I’m excited for the opportunity to inspire passion for the outdoors with such incredible students and fellow instructors.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Summiting Mt. Shasta as a student on California Challenge and glissading down the mountain back to basecamp.
- Favorite quote: “The heart that breaks open can contain the whole universe.” – Joanna Macy