Originally from Cincinnati, Kyle is a seventh grade English teacher in her hometown who also coaches high school tennis and middle and high school lacrosse. She founded the outdoor club at her school and organized overnight camping trips for her students. Prior to her teaching career, Kyle led backpacking, paddling, and mountain biking trips and clinics for Camp Nebagamon and Camp Merrowvista. She also spent two years in the environmental education field working at nature centers around the country, and participated in a month-long NOLS trip in college. Kyle is returning for her fourth season as an instructor.
- Education: DePauw University and Xavier University; bachelor’s degree in English literature, master’s degree in secondary education in English and language arts
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: I have fond memories of fishing in Lake Michigan as a child.
- Biggest outdoor achievement: Climbing Mt. Shasta was a pretty big highlight!
- Countries visited: Italy, Germany, Norway, Spain
- Hobbies: I love birding! I am the definition of a bird nerd.