Instructor, Ultimate Blue Ridge 1 & Blue Ridge Adventure 2
A three-year Adventure Treks student, Laura joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. She spent the last two summers as a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle, where she led backpacking, canoeing, and whitewater rafting trips for kids and teenagers. She has served as a naturalist center intern for the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences; has studied abroad in Lima, Peru; and speaks Spanish fluently.
- Education: North Carolina State University, bachelor’s degree in environmental science
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: On my first Adventure Treks trip, when I went backpacking for the first time in the Shasta Trinity Alps when I was 16. I also loved swimming in the waterfalls in Pisgah National Forest with my little brother.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: When I summited Half Dome in Yosemite National Park in 2017 with a group of my Adventure Treks friends!
- Countries visited: Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Peru
- Favorite hobbies: I love backpacking, paddling, and cooking!