Trip leader, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
A former Adventure Treks student, Laura is returning for her fifth season as an instructor. At Tulane University, Laura led backpacking and canoeing trips for the outdoor program. After graduation, Laura continued to work for Tulane as a program coordinator. Before joining AT, she spent three summers leading backpacking and canoeing trips for Camp Pinnacle. Laura is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: Tulane University; bachelor’s degree in social policy and political science
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? The community of people is wonderful. I have met many of my best friends by being both an Adventure Treks student and instructor.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Spending the summer outside, laughing a lot, and looking at lots of pretty places!
- What do you do when not working for AT? This past year, I lived and worked in Bozeman, Montana. Skied a lot and enjoyed the Bozeman community!
- Favorite outdoor memory? Getting my whole body stuck in mud while backpacking in Alaska!
- Favorite quote: “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.”