Instructor intern: Pacific Northwest Adventure 1b & Idaho Adventure
Laura joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor intern. Laura is a former AT student, having attended our Leadership Adventure Semester in fall 2020. She hails from West Grove, PA, but headed out west this winter to Winter Park, CO, to be a children’s ski instructor. After her gap semester, Laura headed to the University of Pittsburgh to study psychology and will join the school’s ski team!
- Education: University of Pittsburgh
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder, lifeguard
- Favorite outdoor memory: I will never forget a powder day from this past winter. It had just dumped a couple feet, and I went out on the mountain with some snowboarders who knew all the secret tree runs. I was skiing through waist-deep snow and laughing so hard as we all kept making fools of ourselves. It was an amazing bonding experience and one of the best days of skiing in my life.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Getting back on a mountain bike the day after I had a pretty rough fall and broke a tooth. It was really tough to overcome that anxiety, but I will forever be proud of not letting fear hold me back. And not giving up on it allowed me too learn to love it and have so much fun.
- Countries visited:
- Favorite hobbies: I love skiing, hiking, painting, and rock climbing!