Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
Lena originally reigns from the small paradise of Maui, HI, where she grew up splashing in the waves and hiking up and camping on volcanoes. After graduating from college, Lena spent time working as an organic farmer and backpacking on New Zealand’s South Island. Lena is a Wilderness First Responder, and she is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Pomona College, bachelor’s degree in sociology
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Meeting the instructors and students and exploring new parts of the world together!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I spend my time backpacking, exploring, learning, working, doing puzzles, dancing, and laughing in different places around the world.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Backpacking on the coast of New Zealand in the Abel Tasman National Park where we would hike, swim, and read in hammocks in the day, and then swim under the stars at night.
- Favorite quote: “Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Just do it!” – Shia LaBeouf