Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1a & Yellowstone Teton Adventure 3
Lilly Woodward hails from Bethesda, MD, but now lives in Ithaca, NY, and joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. Lilly spent several summers working as a counselor at Camp Tanamakoon in Ontario, working with girls ages 7–16 and leading multi-day canoe and kayak trips. During her time at Cornell, she worked in the outdoor education department, planning and running backpacking, canoeing, and climbing trips.
- Education: Cornell University, bachelor’s degree in biology and anthropology
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory:
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Last September, I canoed 90 miles over the course of three days in the Adirondack Canoe Classic marathon.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada
- Favorite hobbies: In my free time I like to paddle canoes and kayaks, hike, whittle, and knit.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m excited to meet my students and form a little family with them over the following weeks!