Instructor, Alaska Expedition 2a
Originally from Fort Myers, FL, Lily now resides in Crestline, CA. During her time at Florida State, she was a trip leader for the Outdoor Pursuits program, taking students on camping, hiking, and paddling trips around the Southeast. She was a counselor for Camp Flastacowo in Tallahassee, teaching climbing, archery, paddling, and other activities for kids and teens. Most recently, Lily has worked as a cabin instructor for Emerald Cove Outdoor Science Institute, guiding hiking trips and teaching forest ecology to 5th and 6th grade students. She’s also worked as an English tutor for students, including ESL students and in a Peace Corps Prep Program.
- Education: Florida State University, master’s degree in curriculum and instruction and bachelor’s degree in English education
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: One of my favorites is completing a 42-mile day with my trail family on the Appalachian Trail.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Completing my solo northbound thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail in 2022.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: It’s a tie between Machu Picchu in Peru and Switzerland.
- Favorite hobbies:
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m excited to learn new outdoor skills, like mountain biking, and further my expertise in other
skills, like climbing! I’m even more excited to meet new people who love adventuring outdoors and to share this love and passion with students!