Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 and Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Lindy joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. Previously, Lindy worked as an instructor in Camp Horizons’ Outdoor Learning Center, where she led hiking, rock climbing, caving, canoeing, gardening, and environmental education trips for kids ages 10 and older. She’s also led gardening initiatives and educational programs for high schools at Project GROWS. While getting her graduate degree, Lindy worked as a housing and residence life assistant director; previously, she was a swim instructor and senior instructor for HoneyRock’s Center for Outdoor Leadership Development, where she led multi-day, overnight wilderness trips for high schoolers.
- Education: Wharton College, bachelor’s degree in education; Eastern Mennonite University, master’s degree in conflict transformation
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, mental health first aid
- Favorite outdoor memory: Climbing in Yosemite!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I once participated in a 54-mile overnight canoe race! We got in our boats after dinner and finished the next morning around sunrise—wild time, but so fun and rewarding!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: I really love the Oregon coast.
- Favorite hobbies: I love gardening and am very passionate about sustainable agriculture! This means I of course love cooking and eating vegetables, and those meals are extra special when I can serve them in pottery that I have made. I also teach swim lessons, and love helping kids overcome their fear of water!
- What are you most excited for this summer? Hanging out with some really cool students in beautiful places!