Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1
Madison grew up and attended school in Indiana; while at IU, she spent her undergraduate years as a trip leader and gear specialist for the school’s outdoor adventure program. She facilitated many trips for students in southeastern Utah, which quickly became her favorite playground. In her free time, Madison enjoys rock climbing, guiding whitewater rafting trips, and aerial sports. After joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor, she’ll continue pursuing a teaching career.
- Education: Indiana University; bachelor’s degree in environmental and sustainability studies
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you most about working for AT this season? I am so excited to share my passion and love for the outdoors with a new group of students. I am also very excited to turn fresh new faces into lifelong friends.
- Favorite outdoor memory: Getting to know once-strangers really well on a semester-long instructor development course in Utah.
- Favorite quote: “A rolling stone gathers no moss.” – Publilius Syrus