Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
Maisie is returning to Adventure Treks for her second season as an instructor. Last fall, she led backpacking and kayaking trips with the Wild Rockies Field Institute, and she spends her free time hiking, skiing, and gardening. Maisie is a Leave No Trace trainer and a Wilderness First Responder.
- University Attended University of Vermont; bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I feel strongly about getting kids outdoors to experience and enjoy our public lands while equipping them with skills to continue to enjoy these wild places throughout their life.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to share beautiful views, keep learning about new ecosystems, and eat some delicious backcountry meals.
- What do you do when not working for AT? Hike more! Ski, kayak, garden, cook, read, and eat good cheese.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Experiencing a tidewater glacier calving for the first time in Prince William Sound.
- Favorite quote: “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson