Instructor, Leadership Summit
A Massachusetts native, Matt led backpacking and canoeing trips throughout New England during college. Most recently, he’s been a teacher at the Leadership School at Kieve Wavus in ME. Fun fact: Matt is a nationally ranked spikeball player! He is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor.
- Education: Bates College; bachelor’s degree in philosophy and economics
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? There’s a unique sense of community in Adventure Treks’ trip-leading setting.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The challenge of turning a group of almost 30 people into a dialed and fun-loving team.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Climbing up Pharaoh Mountain in the Adirondacks of New York with my family as a kid and exploring the old ranger station at the top.