Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1a & 2
A Massachusetts native, Matt led backpacking and canoeing trips throughout New England during college. He is a Wilderness First Responder and is returning to Adventure Treks for his second season as an instructor.
- Education: Bates College; bachelor’s degree in philosophy and economics
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? There’s a unique sense of community in Adventure Treks’ trip leading setting.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The challenge of turning a group of almost 30 people into a dialed and fun-loving team.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I work at The Leadership School in Kieve, ME, teaching experiential education.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Climbing up Pharaoh Mountain in the Adirondacks of New York with my family as a kid and exploring the old ranger station at the top.