Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
Max will join Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Originally from Mt. Vernon, OH, Max currently resides in Salt Lake City, UT, as he finishes his degree in business administration. The past three winters, Max has worked as support staff for Snowbird Ski Resort’s ski and snowboard instructors. This fall, Max was an experiential education coordinator for middle school students at Science Adventure School and a zipline tour guide, both in West Virginia. Fun fact: Max is an Eagle Scout and has served as both a training leader and central region vice president for the Scouts BSA.
- Education: Western Governors University; bachelor’s degree in business administration
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PSIA alpine level 1, AAI avalanche level 1, Leave No Trace master educator
- Favorite outdoor memory: While backcountry skiing, a group of chickadees were so curious they landed on our hands!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Custer State Park, South Dakota.
- Favorite hobbies: Rock climbing, skiing, whitewater kayaking, and canoeing.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m excited to look at cool nature with cool people this summer!