A Huntington Beach native, Max now resides in Burlington, VT, and is the site coordinator for an after-school program. Before coming to Adventure Treks, Max was an instructor at the Pok-O-MacCready Outdoor Education Center in New York, leading adventure programs in the Adirondacks for elementary and middle schoolers. He was also an instructor for High Trails Outdoor Science School in California, teaching environmental classes, and a camp instructor for Catalina Island Marine Institute, leading snorkeling, kayaking, and high ropes activities. Max
- Education: University of California, Santa Barbara, bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking in Yosemite in November. You can get away from the tourists, and every step of the way is gorgeous! Also, summer 2020 at Adventure Treks was an absolute blast, and I can’t wait to be back for 2021!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I think back to thru-hiking the Trans-Catalina Trail. It’s only a four-day trip, but it’s the first trip that I helped plan and coordinate, and it holds a special place in my heart for both the beauty of the trail and the company with whom I hiked.
- Countries visited: Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Nicaragua, and Spain
- Favorite hobbies:I love most things outdoors, but my current favorites are rock climbing and being on the water! I’m a huge board game nerd; you will often find me playing Catan, Wingspan, or Munchkin. I also love to read and have been into trying out new crafts, such as block printing and fermenting.