Instructor, Blue Ridge Expedition 1b & Ultimate Blue Ridge 3
A Huntington Beach native, Max still resides southern California, now two hours east in Big Bear. Before coming to Adventure Treks, Max was an instructor at the Pok-O-MacCready Outdoor Education Center in New York, leading adventure programs in the Adirondacks for elementary and middle schoolers. He was also an instructor for High Trails Outdoor Science School in California, teaching environmental classes, and a camp instructor for Catalina Island Marine Institute, leading snorkeling, kayaking, and high ropes activities.
- Education: University of California, Santa Barbara, bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Probably camping with my family in Yosemite when I was younger. We did it a few summers in a row, and it’s what got me hooked on the outdoors!
- Countries visited: Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Nicaragua, and Spain
- Favorite hobbies: I enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, reading, playing board games, and in general trying new things!