Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Hailing from Clarkston, MI, Morgan (aka Mugs) now resides in Bozeman, MT, where she’s spent the last few winter seasons as a snowboard instructor and in the recreation department at the Yellowstone Club in Big Sky. During her time at WVU, she worked for the Outdoor Recreation Center, which included teaching kayak roll sessions; leading multi-day backpacking, rock climbing, and whitewater rafting trips in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Utah; and facilitating high ropes courses for other students. She’s also spent time in Port au Prince, Haiti, volunteering with with medical clinics and local schools. Mugs returns Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor.
- Education: West Virginia University, bachelor’s degree in human nutrition and foods
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder, swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Seeing a group of otters playing in a creek while backpacking on the Lost Coast last year.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. Shasta last summer with Adventure Treks.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: The Green River in Canyonlands National Park.
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, white water kayaking, snowboarding, fishing, reading, and rollerblading
- What do you hope to learn this summer? More about photography and mountain biking!
- What are you excited for this summer? Hanging out with and getting to know all the incredible people at AT, while also exploring the great outdoors.