Instructor, California Adventure & California Challenge 3
Moriah is from Penn Valley, CA. In school, she had the opportunity to develop her outdoor skills while taking multiple skills courses and backcountry trips. This past year, she worked as an outdoor science instructor in southern California. Previously, she was as a ropes course intern in Fraser, CO, and Santa Cruz, CA. She is a Wilderness First Responder and is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- University attended: Simpson University
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree in outdoor leadership
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Learning and discovering more about life through these adventures with the community of students and staff.
- What do you do when not working for AT? Any outdoor adventure with friends. Some of my favorites are snowboarding, rock climbing, hiking, and backpacking.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Rock climbing at Red Rocks in Nevada where I completed a toprope climb of 5.10b for the first time. I gained this feeling of success and confidence—when I started the climb, it seemed impossible!
- Favorite quote: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin