Trip leader, Alaska Expedition 2
Originally from the Bay Area in California, Nico has traveled through 13 different countries, rock climbed in Thailand, swam in the Mekong River, and volunteered on farms across New Zealand. Nico has worked as a climbing instructor, teacher at a preschool, and high ropes challenge course facilitator. She is a Wilderness First Responder and swiftwater rescue technician, and she is returning for her fifth season as a trip leader.
- Education: Southern Oregon University and Feather River College; bachelor’s degree in adventure outdoor leadership
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? In all the years I’ve worked in outdoor education, I have never found a community and business that is as invested and caring as AT.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I love being in Alaska, and I am so excited to meet my new students and watch them take on more leadership in their community.
- What do you do when not working for AT? In the fall and spring, I teach environmental education to middle and high schoolers in California. In the winters I ski, ride my bike, and make lots of yummy soup.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Any of the summit passes on the John Muir Trail.
- Favorite quote: “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” ― Roald Dahl