Instructor, California Adventure 1 & California Challenge 3
Hailing from Tucson, AZ, Niels joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Most recently, Niels worked as a naturalist at the Walking Mountains Science Center in Colorado, where he developed lesson plans and led guided nature walks. Before that, he worked at Cub Creek Science Camp in Missouri, leading kids of all ages through different activities.
- Education: University of Arizona, bachelor’s degree in biology
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, lifeguard instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: Swimming across my first alpine lake in Colorado!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. of the Holy Cross after an amazing summer of working as a naturalist in the White River National Forest, CO.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: A waterfall in a Costa Rican jungle
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, skiing, reading, video games, hammocks, swimming, and yoga
- What do you hope to learn this summer? Hearing other people’s stories. Everyone has something to teach you.
- What are you most excited for this summer?