Pete will be returning to Adventure Treks for his fourth season as an instructor. Originally from Anchorage, AK, Pete currently resides in Moab, UT, where he is a fourth grade teacher. In addition, Pete is a coach and the program director for the non-profit organization Moab Youth Cycling. He’s also worked as a mountain bike guide for Alaska Mighty Bikes, Bend Endurance Academy, and Durango Devo, and coached cross-country skiing. He has mountain biked and ski-raced all over the United States, including biking the full 2,600 miles of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route and across Alaska on the Iditarod Trail.
- Education: University of Alaska, bachelor’s degree in history and education
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Drifting down the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area in Colorado in a packraft!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I’ve participated in a bunch of ultra endurance mountain bike events; I guess my biggest achievement is having the fastest known time on the Baja Divide route which is a 1,500-mile route along the Baja California Peninsula.
- Favorite hobbies: My passions are getting outdoors, riding bikes, and working with kids.