Instructor, Colorado Explorer 3
Pete will be returning to Adventure Treks for his sixth season as an instructor. Originally from Chitna, AK, Pete currently resides in Moab, UT, where he is a fourth grade teacher. In addition, Pete is a coach and the program director for the non-profit organization Moab Youth Cycling. He’s also worked as a mountain bike guide for Alaska Mighty Bikes, Bend Endurance Academy, and Durango Devo, and coached cross-country skiing. He has mountain biked and ski-raced all over the United States, including biking the full 2,600 miles of the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route, the 1,500-mile Baja Divide Route, and across Alaska on the Iditarod Trail.
- Education: University of Alaska, bachelor’s degree in history, master’s degree in education
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Floating down the Green River with an Adventure Treks group.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Starting my own after-school mountain bike program for kids in my community.
- Favorite hobbies: Mountain biking, packrafting, camping, and exploring the outdoors.
- What are you most excited about this year? Seeing some new area areas around Colorado’s Front Range with a new group of students this year.