Trip leader: Yellowstone Teton Adventure 1, 2, & 3
Quincy was born and raised in Chicago, IL, but now resides in southern California. He is a former Adventure Treks student, having attended two trips as a teenager. Before returning to AT as an instructor, he was a wilderness trip leader for Camp Nebagamon in Wisconsin, leading multi-day canoeing, backpacking, sea kayaking, rock climbing, and mountain biking trips for boys. At USC, Quincy was a trip leader for Peaks and Professors, an organization that leads backpacking and hiking trips for both students and professors. He’s served as an intern for Los Angeles City Hall and is currently a research assistant for the Civic Health Project. Quincy is fluent in Spanish, has visited an astonishing 30 countries, and is returning to Adventure Treks for his second season as an instructor.
- Education: University of Southern California, bachelor’s degree in environmental science and political science
- Medical certification: Wilderness emergency medical technician, lifeguard
- Favorite outdoor memory:So hard to choose! One of them includes doing the Grand Portage in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. This portage came on the last of a seven-day backcountry trip; we had huge days of paddling on some of the most pristine lakes in the world, moving through the lake system with the canoes on our shoulders to get from one lake to another. The 8.5-mile Grand Portage was an old fur trade route and took us from the Pigeon River, where we camped our last night, all the way to Lake Superior. Dumping the boat in the cold water after trekking all that way is one of my most cherished memories.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: In summer 2018, I summited Mt. Denali (20,310 feet) in Alaska. My team and I ascended the Muldrow Glacier route from the north, and we were the only group to attempt this backcountry route in the entire season.
- Countries visited: Antarctica, Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Iceland, Israel, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Sweden, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Favorite hobbies:I love mountaineering and backpacking and spend as much time in the great outdoors as possible. I am passionate about cooking and baking; from the weekday dinner to sourdough and pastry, spending time in the kitchen is always a rewarding experience. I have always greatly valued travel and general exploration, and I’m incredibly fortunate to have visited so many amazing places and communities across the globe.