Trip leader, Alaska Expedition 2
Quincy was born and raised in Chicago, IL, but now resides in southern California. He is a former Adventure Treks student, having attended two trips as a teenager. Before returning to AT as an instructor, he was a wilderness trip leader for Camp Nebagamon in Wisconsin, leading multi-day canoeing, backpacking, sea kayaking, rock climbing, and mountain biking trips for boys. At USC, Quincy was a trip leader for Peaks and Professors, an organization that leads backpacking and hiking trips for both students and professors. He’s served as an intern for Los Angeles City Hall and is currently a research assistant for the Civic Health Project. Quincy is fluent in Spanish, has visited an astonishing 30 countries, and is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as a trip leader.
- Education: University of Southern California, bachelor’s degree in environmental science and political science
- Medical certification: Wilderness emergency medical technician, lifeguard
- Favorite outdoor memory: On my Leadership Summit trip as a student, our Olympic Peninsula backpack was a highlight for me. The gorgeous surroundings, good vibes, and fun and games we played together will always stay in my memory.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summited Mt. Denali from the Muldrow Glacier route in the summer of 2018! It was a grueling 30-day expedition but the time of my life.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Sooo hard to pick but I have really fallen in love with South America and the amazing countries of Peru and Colombia. The beautiful natural access there combined with the rich culture and delicious food makes it hard to beat.
- Favorite advice you’ve received: The best advice I received was that rather than worrying about making a giant impact on the world, focus on bettering the individuals and communities you interact with every day and that will leave a bigger mark.
- Favorite hobbies: In the outdoor world I love to mountaineer and exist in the wilderness. When I’m in the front country I’m an avid baker and cook, I love to travel and explore cities across the world, and I am a diehard Chicago Bulls fan.
- What do you hope to learn this year? I’m super excited to learn how to work full time seasonally in the outdoor industry!
- What are you excited for this summer? I cannot wait to spend so much quality time in the beautiful Alaskan wilderness!