Instructor, Blue Ridge Adventure 1 & Ultimate Blue Ridge 2
Quincy was born and raised in Chicago, IL, but now resides in southern California. He is a former Adventure Treks student, having attended two trips as a teenager. Before returning to AT as an instructor, he was a wilderness trip leader for Camp Nebagamon in Wisconsin, leading multi-day canoeing, backpacking, sea kayaking, rock climbing, and mountain biking trips for boys. He is fluent in Spanish and has visited an astonishing 30 countries. Quincy will join Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: University of Southern California, bachelor’s degree in environmental science and political science
- Medical certification: Wilderness emergency medical technician, lifeguard
- Favorite outdoor memory: Glissading down Mt. Adams after a successful summit on my Leadership Summit trip with Adventure Treks and having minutes of undisturbed descent watching the beauty of the Cascades on the horizon.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting the 20,156-foot Denali in Alaska via the Muldrow Glacier in May 2018.
- Countries visited: Antarctica, Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Iceland, Israel, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Sweden, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Favorite hobbies: I am an amateur mountaineer and love to climb snowy peaks. My other hobbies include canoeing, backpacking, rock climbing, and backpacking. I also spend my time cooking and baking sourdough bread, playing music as a percussionist, and traveling.