Instructor, spring school program
Rhian joins Adventure Treks for her second season as an instructor. The last four years, Rhian worked as a trip leader and kayaking counselor at Camp Pinnacle. Prior to that, she worked as a camp counselor for Polk County’s recreation day camps, as a zipline guide at the Gorge; and as a ski instructor at Big Sky Resort in Montana. This summer, she’ll lead backpacking trips for people learning how to track elk.
- Education: Brown University, bachelor’s degree in cognitive neuroscience
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, ACA swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Skiing north summit snowfield at Big Sky on a bluebird powder day with only one other person.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I hiked both the Presidential Traverse in the White Mountains and the Art Loeb in the Blue Ridge Mountains in a day, only three weeks apart.
- Favorite hobbies: Mountain biking, skiing, whitewater kayaking, reading, cooking, dogs, and seeing live music.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: San Juan Islands