Instructor: California Adventure 1 & California Challenge 3
Ronny joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Originally from Miami, Ronny spent this winter as a snowboard instructor in Vail Ski Resort in Colorado; he also spent a season at Mammoth Mountain in California. Before teaching kids and teenagers how to navigate the slopes, Ronny was a combat engineer in the U.S. Army based at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri; he was also stationed in the Logar Province in Afghanistan. Ronny also speaks Spanish fluently.
- Education: Florida International University, bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, Leave No Trace trainer, AASI snowboard level 1, AAI alpine mountaineering and technical leadership levels 1, 2, and 3
- Favorite outdoor memory: A 19-hour day on the push to the summit of remote Goode Mountain; once we reached the summit, there was another party that took the bivy spot at the top, and we had to tether ourselves to the wall in order to fall asleep in a very uncomfortable location on the side of the mountain. This added to the sense of adventure and being out in the wilderness and running into unexpected issues.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, Mt. Olympus, Sahale Mountain, Goode Mountain, Apex Mountain, Amphitheater Mountain, Blue Buttress, Early Winters Spires, and Cathedral Peak in the Pacific Northwest. Plus Mt. Shasta and Mt. Whitney in California, multiple 14ers in Colorado, and Lone Peak in Utah!
- Countries visited: Afghanistan, Bahamas, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Ireland, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Puerto Rico, Romania, Switzerland, Taiwan
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, mountaineering, rock climbing, kayaking, fishing, surfing, longboarding, snowboarding, reading, meditating, and trail running.