Instructor, California Challenge 2
Sadie grew up in beautiful Bend, OR, where she grew up exploring the Cascade Range. In the midst of college, she took a semester off to backpack in Utah and teach snowboarding in Lake Tahoe, CA. She’s spent the past four summers working at a summer camp in Yosemite as a backpack guide and garden educator; she’s also led after-school girls’ empowerment groups. Sadie is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: University of Montana; bachelor’s degree in women and gender studies
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, professional snowboard instructor, avalanche level 1
- What excites you most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to be a part of and help to create a community that I want to see in the world. A community that respects one another, breathes fresh air, experiences joy and challenges, wonders what is under rocks and in the stars, and laughs over a campfire together.
- Favorite outdoor memory? How do I chose? All of my favorites are outside!
- Favorite quote: “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou