Trip Leader, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Sam is returning to Adventure Treks for his seventh season as a trip leader. He is a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Pacific Northwest Semester and spent three summers leading backpacking trips for Mass Audubon Drumlin Farm. He spent this past winter in Boston working as a climbing instructor and youth climbing coach. He holds certifications as an American Mountain Guides single-pitch instructor and Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: Massachusetts College of Art & Design; bachelor’s degree in jewelry and metalsmithing
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? The community of coworkers makes me feel cared for and challenged. The student that AT attracts are wonderful.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Being able to work in and share amazing wildernesses with others fills my soul.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I coach rock climbing and get out on my own skiing, ice climbing, and rock climbing adventures.
- Favorite outdoor memory? There are too many! A recent one is boot skiing down Mt. Rainier with some great friends.
- Favorite quote: “Real adventure is not polished. It burns brightest on the maps edges, but it exists in all of us. It exists at the intersection of imagination and ridiculousness.” – Kyle Dempster