Originally from northwest Indiana, Sam is returning for his second season as an instructor. He is currently in his last year at Brevard College, which is where he fell in love with the great outdoors. He spent the last two summers guiding canoe trips in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota.
- Education: Brevard College; bachelor’s degree in wilderness leadership and experiential education, and business and organizational leadership
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Spending another summer outdoors in beautiful places!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I’m on Brevard College’s climbing team and love to climb in western NC.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Waking up on Black Balsam Knob in western North Carolina in the winter to a fresh layer of snow.