Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Originally from northern Virginia, Sara has spent her college career as a trip leader for the university’s outdoor orientation program, leading students on backpacking, kayaking, and canoeing trips across West Virginia. Sara is currently a kayak roll instructor and works at the outdoor recreation center helping other students get outside. Sara is a Wilderness First Responder; this is her first season as an instructor with Adventure Treks.
- Education: West Virginia University, bachelor’s degree in history and recreation, parks, and tourism resources
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I can’t wait to meet students from all over the country. There aren’t too many jobs out there that allow you to meet so many new people while having fun everyday outside!
- What do you do when not working for AT? My favorite things to study are American history and experiential education, and when I’m not in class, I’m exploring beautiful West Virginia with hiking boots on or a paddle in hand.
- Favorite outdoor memory? On a backpacking trip, my crew and I raced to a well-known spot for catching sunsets, but the clouds were covering our view. We ended up passing around Skittles and asking each other silly questions and sharing stories. Plenty of laughs and smiles went around despite our cloudy evening.
- Favorite quote: “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” – John Lennon