Trip leader, Blue Ridge Expedition 1b & Ultimate Blue Ridge 3
A northern Virginia native, Sara spent her college career as a trip leader for the university’s outdoor orientation program, leading incoming students on backpacking, rock climbing, and whitewater rafting trips across West Virginia. She’s also been a kayak roll instructor and can speak French fluently. Most recently, Sara spent her winter season as a ski instructor at Big Sky Resort in Montana. She is returning for her fifth season as a trip leader with Adventure Treks.
- Education: West Virginia University, bachelor’s degree in history and recreation, parks, and tourism resources
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder, PSIA alpine level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: Finding an incredible place to swim at Ross Lake in North Cascades National Park on an Adventure Treks trip a few years ago. We spent all afternoon jumping in, playing card games, and singing karaoke!
- Biggest outdoor achievement: I led a week-long canoe trip through Utah’s Canyonlands National Park on the Green River. It was one of my favorite trips I’ve ever been on!
- Countries visited: Chile, France, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, and Spain
- What do you do when not working for AT? I love skiing, hiking, camping, and finding fun places to swim in the summer! I also love to read, attempt to be a yogi, go to museums, and look for cool finds in antique stores and flea markets.