Instructor: Colorado Explorer 1, California Challenge 2, and Colorado Explorer 3
A Massachusetts native, Sarah joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor, but she’s no stranger to our programs, as she spent four summers with us as a student! During her time at Saint Michael’s College, Sarah was a student coordinator for the Adventure Sports Center; she not only organized the training and programming, but also led whitewater kayaking, sea kayaking, canoeing, and skiing trips for participants as well. She’s worked as a zipline guide at the Sunday River Ski Resort in Maine, and she was an instructor for the LL Bean Outdoor Discovery School, leading stand-up paddleboarding and kayaking classes, taking students on hikes, and teaching archery courses.
- Education: Saint Michael’s College, bachelor’s degree in English and international relations
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, ACA river kayaking level 2, ACA kayak touring level 2, ACA tandem canoeing level 2
- Favorite outdoor memory: One of my favorite memories comes from when I paddled to New York from the Vermont side of Lake Champlain. On the way back, the water was so calm, it was almost perfectly flat.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: When I summited Mt. Olympus in Washington with my Adventure Treks Leadership Summit trip!
- Countries visited: Denmark, Ireland, United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden
- Favorite hobbies: I love skiing and kayaking, both whitewater and coastal! I also like reading and writing, and I love making all types of art.