Instructor, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
Sarah is originally from Salt Lake City is returning for her third season as an instructor. She has instructed climbing programs and led backpacking expeditions with teenagers and is a Wilderness First Responder.
- University Attended University of Utah; bachelor’s degree in parks, recreation, and tourism
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I love getting to share in new experiences with students. I also love getting to help them grow their everyday life skills like cooking and managing stress.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The community!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I teach skiing, rock climb, and practice oga. I love to be outside, and the more ways I can do that, the better.
- Favorite outdoor memory? The first time I went canyoneering in Moab. The canyon was named Medieval Chamber, and I went with a group of three. There were two rappels more than 150 feet long!
- Favorite quote: “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.” – Stephen Hawking