A Salt Lake City, UT, native, Sarah is returning for her fifth season as a trip leader. She’s instructed climbing programs and led backpacking expeditions with teenagers for years, having worked at Green River Preserve in western North Carolina before coming to AT. This past winter, she was a ski instructor at Big Sky Resort in Montana.
- Education: University of Utah; bachelor’s degree in parks, recreation, and tourism
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I love getting to share in new experiences with students. I also love getting to help them grow their everyday life skills like cooking and managing stress.
- Favorite outdoor memory? The first time I went canyoneering in Moab. The canyon was named Medieval Chamber, and I went with a group of three. There were two rappels more than 150 feet long!
- Favorite quote: “I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.'” – Kurt Vonnegut