Instructor, Alaska Expedition 2
Sarasak, aka “Boss,” hails from Bangkok, Thailand, and joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Having lived in the United States since he was 13, Boss began creating learning style curriculum for youth ages 7–18 with a start-up company several years ago. He’s also worked as a risk management consultant for rescue teams in Thailand and was stationed in the Air Force as a medic. He currently teaches rescue courses at Union College, where he’s now pursuing a master’s degree.
- Education: Union College, bachelor’s degree in international rescue and relief
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, rope rescue technician, swiftwater and flood rescue technician
- Favorite outdoor memory: Canyoneering in 50-degree weather and 40-degree water temperatures… FUN!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: A five-day backpack in Malawi, Africa
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Phi Phi Islands in Thailand
- Favorite hobbies: I love being outside in nature; nothing will calm you down better than the wind, mountain, and water sounds. Whitewater rafting is one of my favorite experiences; there are times you need to go through rapids and also times that you can just relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Get to see everyone grow as a person and see how much all the students will achieve and be proud of.