Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Originally from Portland, OR, Shant now lives in Seattle, WA. Having recently worked as a water source engineer, Shant is transitioning back into the world of outdoor education. Besides having worked in the environmental engineering world, Shant created a math tutoring program for first-generation, college-bound high school students. He’s also volunteered for a soccer program in Minnesota for mentally and physically disabled students. Shant joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: University of California, Davis, master’s degree in civil and environmental engineering; Carleton College; bachelor’s degree in chemistry
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Doing my first overnight rafting trip on the Klamath River in northern California.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Favorite hobbies: Cooking, soccer, pickle ball, backpacking, and science
- What do you hope to learn this summer? Sharpening my backcountry cooking skills!
- What are you most excited for this summer? Getting to know my students in a wilderness setting