Instructor: Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Originally from Washington, Sighlins joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. Most recently, Sighlin was a team leader for Greenpeace in California, focusing on environmental education and advocacy. She’s also worked as a paraeducator for elementary school students, working alongside special education teachers, and as a childcare provider. Some of Sighlin’s volunteer experience includes mentoring elementary through high school students through Compass 2 Campus; the Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association; and Greenpeace beach clean-ups.
- Education: Western Washington University, bachelor’s degree in sociology
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Last year, I spent a few weeks canyoneering, rafting, and climbing in Moab, and I got to lead a group of friends through a canyon that ended with a 200-foot rappel.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting my first hike/snow climbing route up Beehive Basin, and flying a paraglider off a 300-foot-tall hill!
- Favorite hobbies: I love canyoneering, rock climbing, hiking, yoga, psychology, and otter/wildlife watching.