Originally from Miami, FL, Sky headed north and is studying at the University of Michigan. She is a former Adventure Treks student, having attended five trips as a middle and high schooler. She’s worked as a student leader for the Putney Outdoor Program, helping guide day and weekend hiking and backpacking, rock and ice climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, and canoeing trips. She also taught peers survival skills like how to read maps, build shelters, and make fires.
- Education: University of Michigan, currently a pursuing bachelor’s degree
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: My favorite outdoor memory is sea kayaking in Prince William Sound in Alaska.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: One of my outdoor highlights was backpacking in Olympic National Park in Washington state.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Mallorca, Spain
- Favorite hobbies: I love traveling, exploring new places, writing, snowboarding, and spending time with friends.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m excited to get to know the students and my fellow instructors and explore California!
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include Colorado Explorer, Pacific Northwest Adventure, California Challenge, Blue Ridge Expedition, Alaska Expedition