Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1a & British Columbia Adventure 2
Spencer joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Most recently, Spencer worked for ski patrol at King Pine in New Hampshire. Before that, he worked as a wilderness therapy guide for Summit Achievement in Maine, leading students on different backcountry expeditions in the northeast. While at UNH, he guided backpacking and hiking trips for students and worked as a camp counselor for high schoolers. Fun fact: Spencer has thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail!
- Education: University of New Hampshire, bachelor’s degree in psychology and ecogastronomy
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AIARE level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: Waking up at the base of Glacier Peak in Washington with a bunch of friends, drying out our sleeping bags and tents from the dew and simply enjoying each other’s company.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Finishing the Pacific Crest Trail
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Hart’s Pass in the North Cascades, WA.
- Favorite hobbies: Cooking and backcountry skiing
- What do you hope to learn this summer? Learn new jokes and get some good laughs!
- What are you most excited for this summer? To show people how fun it is to be outside.