Originally from Newburyport, MA, Stefan joins Adventure Treks for his first year as an instructor. He currently works as a sailing instructor in Massachusetts, where he teaches both kids and adults how to sail in New England’s waterways. He has also led backpacking trips for the Outing Club at UMass, taking students on multiday backcountry trips in nearby wilderness areas like the White Mountains.
- Education: University of Massachusetts Amherst; bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, US Sailing level 1 instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: Hiking Franconia Ridge in White Mountain National Forest!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Training one of my one sailing students to be an instructor, and working with him the next year. It was lovely to see him blossom first as a student, and then learn the ropes of being an instructor.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: My favorite place I have traveled to is Canyonlands National Park. It was the most colorful and vast landscape I have ever seen.
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking/backpacking, downhill skiing, small boat sailing, chess, guitar, pickup basketball, and soccer
- What are you most excited for this summer? I am excited to hear the stories of my peers and students and learn more about the history of
ecosystems and environments that are foreign to me. I am also looking forward to making many new friends and bonds that I can carry on with me for
the rest of my life.