Instructor, California Challenge 2
Susan (aka Suez) hails from Atlanta, GA, and still calls it home. After graduating from Kennesaw State University, Susan became an emergency medical technician (EMT) for the Metro Atlanta Ambulance Company. She was a trip leader for the university’s outdoor adventures program, taking undergraduate students on backpacking, mountain biking, amd rock climbing expeditions. While pursuing her biology/pre-med degree, she also served as a veterinary technician for a local animal hospital. Susan is returning to Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor.
- Education: Kennesaw State University, bachelor’s degree in biology
- Certification: Advanced emergency medical technician
- Favorite outdoor memory:Watching the sunset on the 10,000-foot Mt. Haleakala summit in Maui.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail portion of the Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Favorite hobbies: I’m passionate about travel and cultural immersion, learning, and personal growth.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Maui, Hawaii