Susan “Suez” Miller
Trip leader, California Challenge 2
Susan (aka Suez) hails from Atlanta, GA, and still calls it home. After graduating from Kennesaw State University, Susan became an emergency medical technician (EMT) and then paramedic for the Metro Atlanta Ambulance Company, where she still works. She was a trip leader for the university’s outdoor adventures program, taking undergraduate students on backpacking, mountain biking, and rock climbing expeditions. While pursuing her biology/pre-med degree, she also served as a veterinary technician for a local animal hospital.
- Education: Kennesaw State University, bachelor’s degree in biology
- Certification: Paramedic
- Favorite outdoor memory: Watching the sunset on the 10,000-foot Mt. Haleakala summit in Maui.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail portion of the Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Favorite hobbies: Perfecting cookie recipes, neglecting houseplants, making spreadsheets, going on group bike rides through downtown Atlanta.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Berlin, Germany
- What are you excited about this summer? I am excited for mountaineering and summit attempts, as Shasta will be my first one!
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include Blue Ridge Adventure, Ultimate Blue Ridge, Alaska Expedition, California Challenge