Instructor, Blue Ridge Adventure 1 & Ultimate Blue Ridge 2
Susan hails from Atlanta, GA, and still calls it home. After graduating from Kennesaw State University, Susan became an emergency medical technician (EMT) for the Metro Atlanta Ambulance Company. She was a trip leader for the university’s Outdoor Adventures program, taking undergraduate students on backpacking, mountain biking, amd rock climbing expeditions. While pursuing her biology/pre-med degree, she also served as a veterinary technician for a local animal hospital. Susan is fluent in Spanish and can speak German conversationally, and she’s joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Kennesaw State University, bachelor’s degree in biology, pre-med
- Medical certification: Emergency medical technician, wilderness first aid
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking on the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina. We got into camp after dark so we couldn’t see the view, but waking up to the sun rising over the Smokies was an amazing moment.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: This may seem simple, but I am afraid of heights. Learning how to rappel and becoming comfortable with it was a pretty big accomplishment for me!
- Favorite hobbies: I love to learning, hike and go backpacking, and play music!