Terezia “Teri” Paulikova
Instructor, California Adventure & California Challenge 3
Teri grew up in a small village in Slovakia, but she’s currently living in Sweden while working in Finland. There, she’s an outdoor instructor leading snowmobiling, skiing, ice-fishing, and snowshoeing trips. Last summer, Teri was a counselor at Mountain Camp in California where she taught kids how to climb, kayak, sail, and paddleboard. She’s also worked as a climbing wall instructor in England and as a ski instructor in Slovakia.
- Education: Solent University, bachelor’s degree in outdoor and adventure management
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, lifeguard, climbing wall instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: There are just too many of them… but in general, waking up in the early summer mornings while
camping and seeing how nature is waking up with you, and making and drinking coffee.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Solo cycling and traveling from London to Slovakia.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Yosemite National Park
- Favorite hobbies: My biggest passion is to move outdoors share my knowledge and skills and help others to enjoy themselves outdoors as well… Rock climbing is definitely number one, and then everything from hiking, backpacking, travelling, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, open water swimming, paddle boarding, through skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and a new one, snowmobiling (fantastic fun!!!). But I also love art, drawing, learning guitar and ukulele, and chess.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I am really excited to spend time in nature, see the world, spend time with cool kids and do all of the cool stuff, as well as take up challenges and grow on the way.