Theresa hails from Greenville, AL, and now lives north of her hometown in Birmingham. Theresa has a rich history of working with youth and young adults: Most recently, she was an assistant preschool teacher and registered behavior technician for young children with autism spectrum disorder. She’s also worked as a camp counselor for Stone Mountain Adventures; glacier guide for NOVA in Alaska; gap year program mentor for SOAR in Wyoming; ski program volunteer for Teton Adaptive Sports; childcare attendant for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Kids’ Ranch; course facilitator for Auburn’s challenge course; and counselor for Asbury Hills Summer Camp in South Carolina. Theresa joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Auburn University, bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation and disability studies
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Stargazing with a great pal on top of Sentinel Dome in Yosemite National Park on our last night of an epic road trip!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Completing a Grand Canyon rim-to-rim hike.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Alaska.
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking and backpacking, running, climbing, and helping others get outside.
- What are you most excited for this summer? To make incredible memories in wild places with strangers that in a short time become like family!